While we are currently in what many consider the “season of giving,” PCA’s International Falls, Minnesota, mill has been busy all year long lending support and donations to various groups throughout their community.
Here are some highlights from 2021:
- The mill provided the children’s book Lucy Meets a Logger to all second-grade students in Koochiching County in honor of National Forest Products Week.
- They sponsored the Bronco 5K fundraiser to support the Bronco Track and Field team.
- International Falls donated to the Veterans Service Office in support of its Oktoberfest fundraiser, which is designed to assist the needs of over 1,500 Koochiching County veterans.
- In support of Falls Elementary School’s student reading initiative, the mill purchased a Bookworm vending machine and donated books.
- They supported St. Thomas School project for the Knights of Columbus playground.
- International Falls donated to the Little League Baseball’s scholarship initiative that helped 30 area youth hit the fields this season and provided two teams with uniforms and equipment.
- To support the Fall’s Education Foundation, PCA sponsored the Purple Pride Golf Tournament, which raised $20,000.
- The mill provided 13 pairs of snowshoes, poles and carrying cases for Littlefork-Big Falls School’s National Honor Society Community Snowshoe Project.
“We are honored to do business in International Falls, and we are proud to come alongside non-profit organizations in Koochiching County,” says Lori Lyman, Public Affairs Manager. “We are fortunate to have so many organizations working to strengthen our community and make it a better place to live.”